Friday, May 29, 2015

Advice from the Future You!

In one of the books we read this year, a message is passed on to a younger version of a person from their future self. I won't name the book as that is a pretty big spoiler, but the concept caused me to think about what kind of advice, encouragement, message, or simply heads up the kids may have felt worth passing on to themselves at the beginning of the year. Here are some of their responses.



Angel - "Make sure to be careful with whats about to happen. I also would prepare for meeting new people."

Connor - "I would tell myself that I need to practice my comprehension and also that I will need to start practicing my lines because a play is coming."

Daphne - "Try to work hard. Do the best you can. Be nice to people around you. Never give up. At least try."

Devraj - "You are really going to like the gold rush epilogue."

Isabella - "Before you start school make sure you have a math book to study first because your grade gets harder and more challenging. Be excited and if your new try to make friends because star Academy is so fun."

Jeremy - "I would give myself advice for math. Like multiplication. Or other types of math."

Jonathan - "I wouldn't have known the angles measurements."

Kiana - "Hey I bet you can't wait for 4th grade. You'll love your over night field trip. Best birthday ever! The play will be so much fun. Hope you have the best time in 4th grade. I know I did."

Madelyn - "I would tell myself to try my best and if I keep trying I accomplish my goals. I will try hard and and get good grades. I will keep trying and trying until I get it right."

Mateo - "I would try to be as nice as possible so I could have lots of friends. I would also try and interact to get friends."

Michaela - "Don't be evil. Be a good person! Don't try to make friends; just let them friend you!"

Mihir - "That, always be confident about the subjects the new teacher will introduce to you."

Olivia - "I would tell myself not to get into many arguments and to be nice and ask the the teacher to help me if I need it. Also make make new friends. Learn more stuff. Talk to people I don't know."

Sierra - "I would tell myself to be outgoing! Find new friends. I didn't know that people were fond of me before. Oh, and remind Mr. Fassler he needs to be more strict. :D See ya!"

William - "Long Division is not hard."

Zerlan - "I would tell myself to go do good. Be smart and do great so that I could have a great future. I could tell me that in the future you have to work hard."


No comments:

Post a Comment