Sunday, September 18, 2016

Where I'd Like to Visit and Bridge Challenge

This week's question was in preparation for the history test. It was: What California region would you want to visit and why? Responses were limited, but included:
Coast so I can swim in the ocean - Miya
Ditto - Elliott
Mountains because I've never played in the snow before - Tre'sor
Mountains to camp and play in snow - Valeria
Desert to see desert animals - Tre'sor
Mountains so I can play in the snow and sled down a hill - Mr. Fassler

Bridge Challenge: Use 25 popsicle sticks and 3 feet of painter's tape to cross a gap that is one foot in length. Bonus Challenge: To be able to hold up books from the Harry Potter series adding 1-7 one at a time.

Unfortunately only two group's bridges were able to stand across that gap as many bridges were built exactly or just over one foot. No student bridge was able to hold any weight (this time), but the students were nonetheless supportive as I added weight to my bridge. Feel free to watch the video below to see their unbridled excitement.














No comments:

Post a Comment