Monday, September 29, 2014

Student Blog Entry #1 - A Surprise Trip

I thought the night of September 17th was going to be a normal night, oh but no it wasn’t.  That night we finished eating my dad’s birthday dessert and then my mom and dad said that we would be going to Hawaii the next morning.  At first I thought they were joking but they were serious.  I was so happy I thought I could scream my lungs out.  And they were serious.  The next morning we woke up at 4:00 in the morning had a quick breakfast and took a taxi to the airport.  We flew to LA and then from LA to Maui.
When we got there I was surprised again— my friend was there!  I then figured out that my parents had been setting this up for a few months. 
We all left the airport and got lunch, then drove a rental car to our hotel, The Westin.  We then played at the pool and the beach.  The pool had an awesome waterslide! The next day we played some more at the pool and the beach and went parasailing.  I was nervous about parasailing, but Mateo talked me into it. It was really fun, and we were really high up in the air. The next day we went snorkeling off of a boat at Molokini and saw the coral reef.  We also got to see this huge tree which is one tree but has a bunch of stems and covers a whole park!  It’s in Lahaina and it’s called a banyan tree. The next day we drove the road to Hana (which is like 6 hours) and got to see Twin Falls, a black sand beach, and the Seven Pools of Serenity (we only saw 2).  The next day we went to the pool and beach and went to a luau and saw fire dancing and hula dancing.  The next day we went the pool and beach and snorkeled at a place by our hotel called Black Rock.  A turtle and a sting ray swam right up to the beach! The next day we went the pool and beach and went to Black Rock and then at night we drove up to the top of the volcano Haleakala and saw the stars.  It was really cold at the volcano, and very windy. The next day was our last day.  We went the pool and beach and then started a night flight back home.
This was a great surprise trip to Hawaii. It was really fun having one of my best friends with me to have fun on the island. 







No comments:

Post a Comment